Workin’ Day and Night Song by Michael Jackson Mp3, Lyrics & Videos Download
|Song Title||Workin’ Day and Night|
|Album||Off the Wall|
|Keywords||Michael Jackson, Workin’ Day and Night, song, disco-funk, Off the Wall, energetic, iconic, music, artist|
Listen to Michael Jackson – Workin’ Day and Night Mp3 Here!
“Workin’ Day and Night” by Michael Jackson: An Energetic Disco-Funk Anthem from the “Off the Wall” Album
“Workin’ Day and Night” is a song by the legendary American singer, songwriter, and dancer Michael Jackson. It was released as the fourth track on his iconic album, “Off the Wall,” which was released on August 10, 1979. The album marked a significant turning point in Jackson’s career as it established him as a solo artist outside of his family group, The Jackson 5.
Written and composed by Michael Jackson himself, “Workin’ Day and Night” is an uptempo disco-funk track that showcases Jackson’s incredible vocal range and energetic performance style. The song’s lyrics explore themes of hard work, perseverance, and the dedication required to achieve success.
The song opens with a catchy and dynamic bassline, followed by a driving rhythm section that instantly sets the tone for the high-energy track. Jackson’s vocals come in with an infectious enthusiasm as he sings about the relentless effort he puts into his work, declaring, “I’m workin’ day and night / And I’m always on the move.”
Throughout the song, Jackson’s vocals soar, displaying his remarkable ability to deliver both powerful and soulful performances. The chorus features a memorable call-and-response section with backing vocals, adding an extra layer of intensity to the track. The song’s arrangement includes a mix of horns, strings, and percussion, creating a rich and vibrant sound that perfectly complements Jackson’s vocals.
“Workin’ Day and Night” is renowned for its dynamic and captivating live performances. Jackson’s electrifying stage presence and impeccable dance moves made the song a fan favorite during his concerts. He often incorporated it into his setlist for many of his tours, including the “Bad World Tour” in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
“Off the Wall” was a commercial and critical success, propelling Michael Jackson to new heights of fame and establishing him as a global superstar. The album spawned several chart-topping hits, including “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough” and “Rock with You.” “Workin’ Day and Night” was not released as a single but remains a beloved fan-favorite track from the album.
Michael Jackson’s contribution to the music industry, his groundbreaking dance moves, and his unmatched vocal talent have made him an enduring icon. “Workin’ Day and Night” stands as a testament to his incredible work ethic and dedication to his craft, showcasing his ability to create timeless and unforgettable music that continues to inspire generations of artists and fans alike.
Background and production
“Workin’ Day and Night” was recorded during the sessions for Michael Jackson’s landmark album, “Off the Wall,” which was his first solo album released as an adult. The album marked a departure from his previous work with The Jackson 5 and showcased his evolution as a mature and versatile artist.
The production of “Workin’ Day and Night” was overseen by producer Quincy Jones, who collaborated closely with Jackson on the album. Jones was known for his meticulous attention to detail and his ability to create polished and innovative soundscapes. Together, Jackson and Jones aimed to create a fresh and contemporary sound that would appeal to a wide audience.
The recording process for the song involved a team of talented musicians, including some of the most respected session players of the time. Notable contributors to the track include Greg Phillinganes on keyboards, Louis Johnson on bass guitar, and David Williams on rhythm guitar. These musicians brought their skills and creativity to the recording, adding depth and complexity to the song’s arrangement.
The song’s infectious groove and driving rhythm were crafted through a combination of live instrumentation and studio techniques. The bassline, performed by Louis Johnson, is particularly notable for its infectious and propulsive quality, becoming a defining element of the song. The horns and strings arrangements were added to enhance the overall energy and give the track a fuller sound.
Michael Jackson’s vocal performance on “Workin’ Day and Night” showcases his range and versatility as a singer. His distinctive voice effortlessly transitions between powerful and soulful moments, capturing the passion and determination conveyed in the lyrics. Jackson’s vocal delivery is complemented by background vocals and harmonies, adding depth and texture to the song.
The production of “Workin’ Day and Night” exemplifies the attention to detail and meticulous craftsmanship that Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson brought to the “Off the Wall” album. The collaboration between the two resulted in a seamless fusion of disco, funk, and pop elements, creating a sound that was both contemporary and timeless.
Overall, the background and production of “Workin’ Day and Night” highlight the artistic vision and collaborative effort that went into creating one of Michael Jackson’s most beloved songs. The combination of Jackson’s electrifying vocals, the tight and dynamic instrumentation, and Quincy Jones’ production prowess resulted in a track that continues to captivate listeners and stands as a testament to Jackson’s musical genius.
“Workin’ Day and Night” is a composition that showcases Michael Jackson’s talent as a songwriter. He wrote the song himself, displaying his ability to create catchy melodies and engaging lyrics.
The composition follows a traditional pop song structure, with verses, choruses, and a bridge. The song opens with a lively instrumental introduction featuring a prominent bassline, rhythmic guitar, and a pulsating rhythm section. This sets the energetic tone for the entire track.
The lyrics of “Workin’ Day and Night” revolve around the theme of hard work and determination. Jackson expresses his relentless drive and commitment to his craft, singing about his tireless efforts and constant movement. The lyrics reflect his work ethic and his desire to achieve greatness in his career.
The chorus of the song features a memorable call-and-response section with backing vocals, adding a dynamic and catchy element. The repetition of the phrase “Workin’ day and night” creates a hook that sticks in the listener’s mind.
Musically, “Workin’ Day and Night” combines elements of disco, funk, and pop. The infectious bassline provides a solid foundation for the track, driving the rhythm and giving it a danceable quality. The horns and strings arrangements add a touch of sophistication and richness to the overall sound.
Jackson’s vocal performance is a standout aspect of the composition. He effortlessly transitions between different vocal styles, delivering powerful and soulful moments with precision. His expressive and dynamic vocals bring the lyrics to life and convey the determination and passion behind the song.
Overall, the composition of “Workin’ Day and Night” demonstrates Michael Jackson’s ability to craft a compelling and engaging song. From the energetic instrumentation to the memorable hooks and his captivating vocal delivery, the composition showcases his musical talent and his ability to create music that resonates with listeners.
“Workin’ Day and Night” has had several impacts throughout its existence. Here are some notable impacts of the song:
- Commercial Success: Although “Workin’ Day and Night” was not released as a single, it contributed to the overall success of Michael Jackson’s album “Off the Wall.” The album itself was a massive commercial success, reaching number three on the Billboard 200 chart and selling over 20 million copies worldwide. The popularity of the album helped solidify Jackson’s status as a solo artist outside of his Jackson 5 roots.
- Live Performances: “Workin’ Day and Night” became a staple in Michael Jackson’s live performances. Known for his electrifying stage presence and unmatched dance skills, Jackson would often include the song in his concert setlists. His energetic performances of the track showcased his unmatched showmanship and further solidified his reputation as a captivating live performer.
- Influence on Future Artists: Michael Jackson’s impact on the music industry is immense, and his songs, including “Workin’ Day and Night,” have influenced countless artists. The combination of infectious grooves, memorable hooks, and powerful vocals in the song has served as inspiration for many musicians and performers who have sought to incorporate similar elements into their own work.
- Cultural Significance: “Workin’ Day and Night” is considered a classic in Michael Jackson’s discography and has become an enduring part of his musical legacy. The song’s themes of hard work, dedication, and the pursuit of excellence resonate with audiences of all generations. It continues to be enjoyed and appreciated by fans worldwide, contributing to the ongoing cultural impact of Michael Jackson’s music.
- Musical Style and Evolution: “Workin’ Day and Night” represents a transitional phase in Michael Jackson’s career. It showcases his evolution as an artist, moving away from the Motown sound of The Jackson 5 and embracing a more mature and contemporary sound. The disco-funk elements in the song demonstrate Jackson’s ability to adapt to changing musical trends while still maintaining his unique style.
Overall, “Workin’ Day and Night” has had significant impacts both commercially and artistically. It has contributed to Michael Jackson’s legacy as one of the greatest entertainers of all time and has influenced the music industry as a whole. The song’s infectious energy and timeless appeal continue to captivate listeners and showcase the enduring power of Jackson’s music.
Credits and Personnel
Here are the credits and personnel for the song “Workin’ Day and Night”:
- Written and composed by: Michael Jackson
- Produced by: Quincy Jones
- Lead vocals: Michael Jackson
- Background vocals: Michael Jackson, Becky Lopez, Jim Gilstrap, Augie Johnson, Paulette McWilliams, Stephanie Spruill, Mortonette Jenkins
- Keyboards: Greg Phillinganes
- Bass guitar: Louis Johnson
- Rhythm guitar: David Williams
- Drums: John Robinson
- Percussion: Paulinho da Costa
- Horns: Jerry Hey, Larry Williams, Kim Hutchcroft, Bill Reichenbach Jr., Gary Grant
- Strings arranged by: Ben Wright
- String contractor: Harvey Mason
- Engineer: Bruce Swedien
- Assistant engineers: Ralph Osbourne, Steve Bates
- Mixing: Bruce Swedien
- Mastering: Bernie Grundman
These are some of the key individuals who contributed to the creation of “Workin’ Day and Night.” The collaboration between Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones, and the talented musicians and engineers involved helped bring the song to life and contributed to its success as part of the “Off the Wall” album.
Certainly! Here’s an example of an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) presented in table form:
|What is the title of the song?||“Workin’ Day and Night”|
|Who is the artist?||Michael Jackson|
|Which album is the song from?||“Off the Wall”|
|In what year was the song released?||1979|
|What genre does the song belong to?||Disco-funk|
|Is there an official music video?||No, there is no official music video for the song.|
|Are there any live performances available?||Yes, Michael Jackson performed “Workin’ Day and Night” during his concerts and tours.|
|Who produced the song?||Quincy Jones produced the song.|
|Did the song achieve commercial success?||While not released as a single, the song contributed to the success of the “Off the Wall” album, which sold over 20 million copies worldwide.|
|Can you provide more information about the song?||“Workin’ Day and Night” showcases Jackson’s powerful vocals, energetic performance style, and themes of hard work and dedication.|